When social media marketers understand the demographics of social media, there are many benefits. If you have a clear idea of each platform’s different audiences, your potential audience can reach each platform. Select the age, gender, education, job title, and more for your audience. You can track the types of people your ads reach, but Facebook will never share information about them personally.
Stats that will explain which are best social media platforms to target the American audiences:
- 74% of people use social media when making a purchasing decision
- Facebook continues to be the most popular social media platform among global users.
- 55% of all global social media users are male.
- According to platform statements, the number of social media users in the US is 231.47 million in 2020, meaning 70% of Americans actively use sites monthly.
- In 2021*, the US is estimated to have 225.6 million users
US Network Growth Statistics
- Facebook is up 1% from 68% to 69%
- Instagram is up 2% from 35% to 37%
- LinkedIn is up 2% from 25% to 27%
- YouTube stayed at 73%
Best Social Media Platform in the United States?
In 2020, Facebook was the world’s leading social network with 2.70 billion social media users out of 3.96 billion. The 2 billion followed by YouTube and WhatsApp, Messenger, WeChat, and Instagram with 1 billion or more users. TikTok is about to join the 1 billion user club by 2021.
Facebook is one of the world’s most common social media platforms. Although the current public on the site is older than previously, new accounts are always created by users. It is also easily the most popular site for marketers using Facebook with almost 90% of all firms.
YouTube is the world’s leading social media website and the number one video-sharing platform for sharing video ads.
As you start your social media marketing in the United States, make sure you evolve your strategy quickly. Millennials are the fastest-growing audience in the United States, and they are consistently on the verge of learning new trends. The best social media platform to target the American audience could change sooner than you think.